7842 s. Harvel Dr.
Sandy, UT 84070
International Marketing Speaker
Author of A to Z: Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) –
(local, global, mobile, technical)
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Social Media Marketing ( SMM )
Pay Per Click (PPC)
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Landing Page Optimization (LPO)
Masters of Professional Communications
Salt Lake City, UT
Bachelors of Digital Media
Utah Valley University
Magna Cum Laude
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ)
Google AdWords Qualified Professional
Utah Social Media Awards – Best Content Promotion Guru
Most Popular Article on SearchEngineLand.com in 2012
*Available Upon Request
To help organizations grow and achieve goals by using my well-rounded 17+ years of career experience in Internet marketing and SEO. My industry relationships and influence, passion for results, and diligence in expanding and maintaining current industry trends and practices also lend to my personal value. Passionately innovating status quo. I have a history of entrepreneurship co-founding such companies as BlueGlass Interactive. My work experience ranges from in-house SEO at Overstock.com, marketing strategy at PETA, and to agency-level digital marketing. I also am an international conference speaker, writer, and book author of A to Z: Social Media Marketing.
SEO Director January 2017 – Present
Hennessey Consulting Remote Employment
Independent Marketing Consultant April 2016 – January 2017
Jordan Kasteler, LLC Remote Employment
Providing PR and marketing consulting, SEO site auditing, link building, etc. to various clients.
Digital Marketing Strategist March 2015 – April 2016
MWI Remote Employment
Responsibilities included team training, improvement, and creation of marketing deliverables & processes, brand advocacy and thought-leadership, sales lead strategy, and client offering creation & fulfillment.
• Created advanced training programs to accelerate staff skills.
• Created unique offerings for clients.
• Focused on outcomes over outputs.
• Introduced many tools for streamlining and intelligence, and our reporting platform.
• Introduced new and innovated concepts
• Created many deliverables like Consumer Journeys and Personas
• Improved many processes like link building and keyword research
Senior SEO Manager March 2014 – May 2015
Red Door Interactive Remote Employment
Responsibilities included managing a team of SEO and vendors for strategy and fulfillment for various clients. Teamwork included engaging with other internal team (e.g. social media) to work with account/project managers to see to the overall client success.
• Managed the top account bringing in $60,000 a month just to the organic SEO team. They started out at $20k a month but we grew them 3x.
• Managed and trained a team of SEO.
• Help improved processes.
• Handled vendor management and relationships.
Digital Marketing Strategist July 2013 – March 2014 Job
Vizion Interactive Remote Employment
Responsibilities included managing various client relationships, project management, and creation & fulfillment of marketing strategy. Emphasis was included on search engine optimization while providing overall business success.
• Improved processes for client deliverables
• Trained intern-staff on marketing skills
• Collaborated with team members on problem solving
• Found insightful SEO elements often overlooked.
• Performed a $40k international marketing audit
• Wrote and spoke, to exercise though-leadership, to help with company branding and leads.
Online Marketing Strategist January 2012 – July 2013
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Remote Employment
Responsibilities included creating, analyzing, and implementing strategies for various facets of Marketing including mobile, email, social media, search, and online advertising. Other responsibilities entailed creating the organization’s first SEO initiatives, analyzing, managing, and interpreting analytics, managing presence and strategy on various social media platforms, and more. Worked with Communications, Development, Design, A/V, and other departments to get initiatives executed. CITY, STATE
• Created PETA’s first in-house SEO initiatives and link building program leading to successes.
• Introduced an influencer marketing program including YouTube celebrities.
• Produced viral infographics that neared 1 million visitors each.
• Vastly improved analytical measurement and insights.
• Trained and mentored staff on SEO, content, conversion optimization & testing, etc.
• Introduced and managed video advertising.
• Discovered and managed various vendors.
• Oversaw redesign projects to ensure SEO priority.
Co-Founder / Chief Marketing Officer May 2011 – January 2012
SteelCast Remote Employment
Responsibilities included creating and executing marketing plans and strategies for new start-ups in the tech incubator with lead generation and user acquisition as the main goal. CITY, STATE
• Planned and launched innovative marketing initiatives for five start-ups with various goals.
• Optimized user interfaces to ensure usability of web-based applications.
• Managed search optimization link building for dozens of various lead generation sites.
Co-Founder September 2009 – January 2012
Alpha Brand Media Remote Employment
Responsibilities included managing and creating traffic strategy for site networks in a successful effort of lead generation and display advertising goals.
• Built a network of geo-local lead generation sites to obtain leads in the financial sector. Organic ranking was the driving force of success.
• Managed several publisher sites, in the hip-hop vertical, to obtain traffic for ad revenue. Content marketing was the driving force of success for these.
• Managed overall company decisions and direction.
Co-Founder / SVP of Content Development June 2010 – May 2011
BlueGlass Interactive Remote Employment
Handled merger of my previous agency and founded BlueGlass with other industry heavyweights. Responsibilities included creating and managing the content development department where I managed a team that produced viral content, aided by social media, to gain traffic and SEO benefits for enterprise-level clients in the Fortune 500. In addition, created and hosted branded Internet marketing events. CITY, STATE
• Successfully merged prior company into a new full-service marketing operation.
• Produced and promoted viral content for companies that reached millions of people and earned attention of large media publications.
• Hired and trained some of the industry’s leading experts of today.
Co-Founder June 2008 – February 2010
Search & Social Salt Lake City, Utah
Created and managed one of the most talked about Internet marketing agencies in the industry while providing superb results for a broad range of clientele. In addition, started a popular Internet marketing conference series and hosted several events per year.
• Built a strong brand from scratch in a short period of time.
• Developed and operated strong SEO and social media marketing services for clients.
• White-labled quality Internet marketing services for the industry’s top agencies.
Senior SEO Analyst June 2008 – January 2009
Overstock.com Salt Lake City, Utah
Responsibilities included auditing the enterprise-level website from a search, usability, and accessibility experience to roll out initiates to provide an optimal user and search engine experience. Worked with a team of marketers and developers to implement strategies. CITY, STATE
• Audited and made fresh discoveries of opportunities on the large e-commerce site.
• Consulted on mobile usability and SEO.
• Found and managed vendors to aid with processes and resources.
SEO Director May 2005 – June 2008
Utah Web Services Salt Lake City, Utah
Responsibilities include ranking sites high in search engines through search engine optimization techniques, Internet marketing, social media marketing, analytics, and reporting for a wide variety of clients. Techniques included link building, content link baiting, on-page optimization, keyword research, copy writing, competitive analysis, information architecture, usability, and accessibility.
Other responsibilities include web design and development including able-less layouts via CSS & XHTML with close attention paid to web standards including W3C compliance. CITY, STATE
• Successfully ranked many clients for top head terms and improve business objectives.
• Created unique strategies for lead generation and sales.
• Managed a small team of web designers, developers, and SEO/PPC analysts.
SEO Specialist / Web Administrator June 2004 – May 2005
Preferred Mortgage/Real Estate Murray, Utah
Responsibilities included administrating and marketing a For Sale By Owner home website providing technical assistance for users, local search engine optimization (SEO), PPC management, adding and updating home listings, website changes on the front end and back end, writing PHP for data reports, manipulating Cold Fusion and MySQL database for website construction. Other responsibilities included multimedia and marketing solutions for sister mortgage and real estate companies including Web site design, PHP coding, flyers, postcards, business cards, logo design, yard signs, directional signs, magazine and yellow page ads.
• Achieved competitive keyword rankings for local search terms.
• Developed web properties and made them popular through marketing and search initiatives.
Level 3 Tech Support Agent November 2002 – May 2004
Microsoft Network (MSN) Salt Lake City, Utah
Responsibilities included helping and troubleshooting MSN customers with various Microsoft Windows and MSN software problems. Worked up to the highest level of tech support handling DSL troubleshooting, networking conflicts, and Microsoft Windows issues. Focus was put on making sure issues were handles in a timely manner.
• Moved from a founding level to the highest level of support in a short period of time.
SEO Specialist / Web Designer July 2000 – September 2002
Merrell Remington West Valley, Utah
Responsibilities included designing, coding, and search engine optimization for websites of various clients. Special attention was paid to cross-platform & browser compatibility, functional and interesting interface design. Other responsibilities included HTML e-mail construction, FTP maintenance, concept
development, team and client interaction.
• Coded and optimized company’s website.
• Designed landing pages for various clients.
• Participated in learning initiatives to broaden skillset in Flash, SEO, PHP/MySQL.